US-based agricultural products trader Bunge, operating in more than 40 countries including Türkiye, entered into an agreement to acquire Turkish seed and olive oil producer Ana Gıda.
Ana Gıda is owned by Anadolu Endüstri Holding and SEEF Foods, and has three famous olive oil brands in Türkiye: Komili, Madra, and Kırlangıç. The share transfer will be concluded during the first quarter of 2017. Under the terms of the agreement, Bunge will acquire 55.25 percent of the shares from Anadolu Endüstri Holding and the remaining 44.75 percent from SEEF Foods.
Commenting on the deal, CEO of Bunge EMEA Tommy Jensen said that the acquisition of Ana Gıda will empower Bunge to diversify into the higher value olive oil category. Also, it will provide a powerful vegetable oil portfolio across all price sectors, intensifying Bunge’s existing business in one of the largest and fastest growing edible oil markets in EMEA.
Bunge is one of the world’s largest oilseed, vegetable oil, and pulp producers. It is also one of the world's leading bottled refined vegetable oil suppliers. The company has been operating in Türkiye since 2000, and processes and distributes domestically produced and imported seed oils such as sunflower, canola, and soybean at several facilities. Bunge, which has facilities in Türkiye’s Aegean and Marmara regions, is one of the main suppliers in the country’s edible oil, grain, and feed sectors.