Some technologies such as cookies, pixels etc. ("Cookies") are used to improve the user experience on the website ("Site"), applications or digital media of the Presidency of the Republic of Türkiye Investment Office ("Office"), in all similar online or offline channels ("Platform") offered to the use of visitors.
The use of these technologies is carried out in compliance with the legislation to which the Office is subject, in particular the Protection of Personal Data Law No. 6698 ("PDP Law").
The purpose of this Cookie Clarification Text is to inform visitors about the processing of cookies and personal data used during access to the platforms. This Clarification Text explains which types of cookies are used for what purposes on our site and our application and how these cookies may be controlled.
The Office may stop using cookies used on the site and its applications, modify their types or functions, or add new cookies to the site and applications. Therefore, the Office reserves the right to amend the provisions of this Cookie Clarification Text at any time. Any changes made on the Cookie Clarification Text of the Current Website becomes effective when it is published on the site, application or any public medium. The last update date of the text is at the end of this text.
You may find detailed information about the purposes of processing your personal data by the Office in the Protection and Processing of Personal Data Policy of the Presidency of the Republic of Türkiye Investment Office at the following web address.
Presidency of the Republic of Türkiye Investment Office Protection and Processing of Personal Data Policy
Method of Collecting Personal Data and Legal Basis
Your personal data is collected based on the legal reason for the legitimate interest of our Office by means of cookies in electronic environment within the scope of your visit to our site or because of your use of our application. Marketing and advertising activities which were performed through targeting and profiling are carried out only if your express consent is given. Your collected personal data may also be processed for the purposes specified in this Cookie Clarification Text within the scope of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 5 and 6 of the PDP Law.
Processed Personal Data Transfer Purposes and the Recipients
The Office may share your personal data within the scope of Cookie Clarification Text, limited to performing the abovementioned purposes and in accordance to the legislation, with the Presidency of the Republic of Türkiye, relevant ministries, public institutions and organizations, solution partners, and legally authorized institutions affiliated with.
Cookies and Their Usage Purposes
As an Office, cookies are used on our site and application for various purposes and personal data are processed through these cookies. These purposes are mainly as follows:
- Performing the basic functions required for the operation of the site and application.
- Analyzing the site and application, improving the performance of the site and application.
- Increasing the functionality of the site and application and providing ease of use.
- Performing customization, targeting and advertising activities.
Cookies Used on Our Website and Application
Below are the different types of cookies we use on our website and application. Both first-party cookies (placed by the website you visit) and third-party cookies (placed by servers other than the website you visit) are used on our site and our application.
The use of some cookies is mandatory for the site and application to function correctly.
- Functionality and Preference Cookies
The use of these cookies ensures that the services offered on the site are personalized by remembering the preferences and choices of visitors on the site and application.
The use of these cookies provides information about the social media usage of the visitors.
- Performance and Analysis Cookies
The use of these cookies ensures that the services offered are improved by conducting performance analysis for site and application visits.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies
The use of these cookies is required to promote products and services on the site or other media. In addition, we may cooperate with some solution partners to advertise and promote within or outside the site.
Control of Cookies
Information on how to manage visitor preferences regarding cookies used on the platform is as follows:
- Although the preferences on this subject vary according to the browser used, a general explanation may be found at https://www.aboutcookies.org/. Cookies preferences should be made separately for each device on which the visitor accesses the platform.
- Click here to turn off the cookies managed by Google Analytics.
- To manage the personalized advertising experience provided by Google, click here.
- Preferences for the cookies used by many companies for advertising activities may be managed through Your Online Choices.
- The settings menu of the mobile device is used to manage cookies on mobile devices.
- Cookies preferences may be customized by changing the browser settings.
Personal Data Owner Rights According to Article 11 of the Law
- To learn whether their personal data are processed
- To request information about their processed personal data
- To learn the purpose processing of their data and whether these personal data are used in compliance with the purpose
- To know the third parties to whom their personal data are transferred in the country or abroad
- To request correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or incorrectly processed, and to request notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred
- To request the deletion or destruction of your personal data in the event that the reasons requiring the processing thereof cease to exist, although it has been processed in accordance with the provisions of the law and other relevant laws and, in this context and if your personal data is processed incompletely or inaccurately; to solicit notification of the transactions made to third parties to whom your personal data is transferred
- To object to a result that you deem antagonistic to you, if achieved by analyzing the processed data solely through automated systems
- To claim compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of their personal data
You may submit your applications regarding your abovementioned rights to our Office by filling out the Data Subject Application Form that is accessible on the website below. Depending on its nature, your request will be concluded within thirty days at the latest and free of charge; however if the transaction requires additional costs, you may be charged according to the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.
Presidency of the Republic of Türkiye Investment Office Data Subject Application Form
Presidency of the Republic of Türkiye Investment Office Representatives Clarification Text on Protection and Processing of Personal Data
Last update on: April 15, 2021