On July 2nd, Minister of Foreign Affairs Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu and Minister of Culture and Tourism Mehmet Nuri Ersoy paid a visit to Germany along with a delegation of Ministry of Health executives for senior-level meetings with their counterparts to discuss bilateral relations, cooperation on the COVID-19 outbreak and tourism.
After the meeting Minister Çavuşoğlu held a press conference with his German counterpart Heiko Maas, where he remarked that “Türkiye has taken all the necessary measures and now awaits its visitors.”
Meanwhile, Türkiye’s Directorate of Communications released a statement declaring that “Türkiye is now preparing to host visitors following the serious measures it has taken to combat the novel coronavirus.” The measures include the following;
- The Ministry of Culture and Tourism launched the “Safe Tourism Certification Program” to set health measures for domestic and foreign visitors seeking to enjoy a safe holiday in Türkiye.
- Facilities and vehicles will be required to meet the hygiene standards established by the Safe Tourism Certification Program.
- Over 720 hotels have applied to be certified.
- Blue Flag certified beaches have been arranged in line with recommendations by the Ministry of Health’s Coronavirus Scientific Board.
- Until July 1st, 2020, COVID-19 testing was provided for passengers at airport centers with high visitor capacities.
- With the newly introduced insurance system, international visitors will be able to benefit from healthcare services in Türkiye. The set limits are between 2,000 and 7,000 Euros with costs ranging from 12 and 33 Euros.