The Coordination Council for the Improvement of the Investment Environment (YOIKK) convened on April 25 under the presidency of Turkish Vice President Fuat Oktay, to lay out a revisionist road map for reform that will further strengthen Turkey's investment environment. Besides Chairman Vice President Fuat Oktay, the council will also include:
· Energy and Natural Resources Minister,
· Environment and Urban Planning Minister,
· Family, Labor and Social Services Minister,
· Industry and Technology Minister,
· Justice Minister,
· Trade Minister,
· Transport and Infrastructure Minister,
· Treasury and Finance Minister,
· President of Strategy and Budget Directorate, and
· Investment Office President Arda Ermut.
Speaking at the meeting, Vice President Oktay said that Turkey showed an improvement of 17 places and ranked 43rd in the World Bank Doing Business Report 2019. Oktay added that investments have contributed 2.4 points to the 5.5 percent annual average growth rate over the last 16 years in Turkey.