Applications for an extension of the residence permit may be made to Governors' Offices within sixty days prior to its expiration, but under no circumstances should this be done after the expiry date.
To obtain extension, foreigners are required to apply for a residence permit through the e-residence system. The completed application and required documents should be sent to the related Provincial Immigration Administration Office (Göç İdaresi) in Adana, Ankara, Antalya, Aydın, Bursa, Gaziantep, İstanbul, İzmir, Kayseri, Kocaeli, Mersin, Muğla, Samsun, Şanlıurfa or Tekirdağ by mail within five business days.
- Residence permit application form
- Notarized copy of the passport or travel document
- Four biometric photographs
- Submission of the previous residence permit document
- Proof of sufficient and sustainable financial resources for the duration of the stay
- Applicant's residence ownership deed*
- An invitation letter or documents issued by the person/business to be contacted**
- Valid medical insurance (one of the following shall be sufficient):
- Proof of access to health services in Turkey within the scope of bilateral social security agreements
- Provision document issued by the Social Security Institution
- Private health insurance including the extension period
*Required for foreigners owning immovable property in Turkey
**Required for foreigners who intend to establish business or commercial connections in Turkey